Sunday, November 30, 2008

OPEN YOUR MIND CASE 4: BRONX RIVER PARKWAY

Anybody who knows me, would tell you that I am a hip hop junkie. I have never really had interest in other musical genres (it might just be my zodiac star that makes me stubborn in my ways).

Thus it may come as a surprise that I am discussing Bronx River Parkway's album, San Sebastian 152.The Bronx River Parkway are a collection of artists from New York and San Juan, Puerto Rico, who effortlessly blend the traditional rhythms of the Caribbean with the long-established sounds of soul and jazz music.

Despite not understanding a single word throughout the album's entirety, I found myself drawn by the raw emotion projected by the music in itself.

As the winter months approach, let the unlikely fusion of San Sebastian 152 take you back to those pleasant summer evenings- this beautifully crafted music that proves to be elevating to the soul, will surely not disappoint.

TURN OFF THE RADIO!

Bronx River Parkway- Agua Con Sal

Bronx River Parkway- Nora Se Va

Bronx River Parkway- Mi Corazon

No comments: