Friday, September 25, 2009

Guilty Pleasures - Entry #2

I had personally written off DTP affiliates Playaz Circle as one-hit wonders with 2007’s Lil’ Wayne assisted Duffel Bag Boy; I stand corrected. With Gettin’ Rich the duo of childhood friends, Tity Boi and Dolla Boy may have scored another hit. Certainly having the verse stealing Luda, who is seamlessly at ease with the track, doesn’t hurt… why are Luda’s verses more memorable on features? For whatever reasons this track has gotten plenty of play on my daily rotation; perhaps it’s because of the winning beat; rest assured it’s not because of Playaz Circle’s lyricism although Dolla Boy drops a line with a telling message, Can’t be fuckin’ with you nicks/ when I am dealin’ wit these bricks/ that’s the same shit that broke Michael Vick. Speaking of Michael Vick, can you imagine the nerve of this boy… I wonder if he realizes that beggars can’t be choosers


No comments: