Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasures- Entry #1


It has been well documented that both Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony have none other than Barry Manilow on their iPods. That said, I am sure many people including myself, have songs on their iPods that they would rather not disclose, songs that we enjoy despite feeling guilty about our selections and more importantly songs that we openly acknowledge when inebriated. Well lately, I have been listening to TI’s Live Your Life. When I first heard this song sometime last year, I thought why in the world would TI collaborate with songstress, Rihanna (better suited to be model- if that; she cannot sing to save her life). Clearly, a successful marketing ploy, as the track still maintains a high position on the Billboard charts. Do not get me wrong, I have long respected TI as both an artist and individual who carries himself well, “…but still would grab a nigga by the collar quick”

No comments: